Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Michaelangelo said...


To paraphrase Michaelangelo the sculpture already existed in the marble. He just had to chip away to find it. I was thinking about this a lot when we arrived in Spain last week. To be honest I was in the dumps. Work wasn't going so well. I wasn't sure that it was the right time for me to take a vacation, albeit one with a couple assignments attached. Still...how can I complain. My daughter said she was playing the smallest violin in the world for me. But as everyone who tries to make art knows, it is difficult to be interupted. To stop your routines. So I was feeling a little sorry for myself when I saw this bull standing behind a crumbling cement wall. I think the picture speaks for itself. Michaelangelo's quote came back to me. I made my husband turn around and go back so I could get this picture of the bull. He protested, but then was happy when he saw this. I took the picture. We had to drive another mile or so before he could turn around. And as we drove back, the bull was gone.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Mary...and that you didn't have to chip away too much to bring to mind that quote of Michelangelo's...

    ReplyDelete